Cochrane is an international not-for-profit and independent organization, dedicated to making up-to-date, accurate information about the effects of healthcare readily available worldwide. It produces and disseminates systematic reviews of healthcare interventions and promotes the search for evidence in the form of clinical trials and other studies of interventions. Cochrane was founded in 1993 and named after the British epidemiologist, Archie Cochrane.
The major product of Cochrane is the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews which is published monthly as part of the Cochrane Library .
Those who prepare the reviews are mostly healthcare professionals who volunteer to work in one of the many Review Group Networks
The activities of Cochrane are directed by an elected Governing Board and are supported by staff in Cochrane Entities (Centres, Review Groups, Methods Groups, Fields/Networks) around the world.
- Newcomers' Guide - about Cochrane and getting involved
- View an example of a Cochrane Review by our Group
- Browse the list of Review Group Networks
- Read Newsletters of various Cochrane groups & centres
- Information about Cochrane prizes & awards